Your privacy is important to create or update your print subscriptions.
In this Policy, “personal information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual.
Individuals from different countries or jurisdictions may have different rights with respect to you.
1. The Information We Collect
Through the Services, you can, among other activities, order publications and products, including print and digital subscriptions and newsletters; sign up for events; engage in various activities including entering contests or sweepstakes, voting in polls or otherwise expressing an opinion or participate in one of our online forums or communities.
Some of the information we request from you is required in order for you to the field where we request the required information.Information you give us about yourself or others
: You give information tomer service department.
Through some features of the Services and through certain promotions, you can submit information about other people. For example, you might submit a person's name, mailing and/or e-mail address to us.
Please remember that any information you disclose in any public forum or community areas becomes public information and is immediately accessible to carefully consider what, if any, information you reveal in these areas.Information we collect automatically collect certain information. For example, we collect information about the webpages you view and how you move through our Services, how you reached our Services, how you interact with our social media pages, and how you interact with our email communications.
: We obtain information from third party sources, which may include:
- Third party data suppliers from which we purchase demographic data to supplement the data we collect;
- Social networks when you reference our Services or grant permission to access your data on one or more of these services;
- Partners with which we offer co-branded services, sell or distribute our products, or engage in joint marketing activities; and
- Publicly-available sources such as open government databases or other data in the public domain.
We use ad- services from Google (adSense). Google can collect certain information. Read more about partner-sites data collectors https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites
The following is a listing of the personal information we collect.
- Personal Identifiers:
- Name, phone number, email address, and contact address.
- Demographic information such as age, gender, and income level.
- Social media handle and basic account information when you interact with our Services through social media.
- We collect or create a unique numerical identifier when you use our Services.
- We collect your credit card number (through a service provider) when you complete a transaction. You have the option tore this information as part of your account.
- We or external parties operating on our behalf collect information about the device you use to access our Services, such as your IP address, a device ID, and information about your web browser.
- Commercial Information: When you engage in transactions with us, we create records of goods or services purchased or considered, as well as purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information: We collect information about the websites you came from and tory, and other information regarding your interaction with our websites and applications, such as the duration you stay on a webpage.
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactographic or video image in limited circumstances, such as when you attend an event hosted by RTM
- Professional or employment-related information: We collect professional or employment-related information you voluntarily provide.
- Education information: We collect education information you voluntarily provide.
- Geolocation Data: We collect your IP address auto collect information about the exact location of your mobile device.
- Inferences drawn to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences or characteristics: We or third parties operating on our behalf may analyze your actual or likely preferences based on the information we gather about you as described above.
2. How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use and/or disclose the information we collect for the following purposes:
Provide the Services:
- Deliver content and fulfill requests for our publications, products, or services, including on our websites and in our apps. For example, when you subscribe to deliver print issues and fulfill digital subscriptions and newsletters.
- Establish and administer your account, including conducting billing and invoicing, contacting you about the expiry of your subscription and sending you service messages about your subscription. For example, once you are subscribed, we may stomer service contacts you may have with us.
- Authenticate access to your account.
- Perform maintenance and operations, including management of the network and devices supporting the Services and our systems.
- Provide technical support and assure quality of customer service interactions.
- Facilitate hardware and software upgrades for devices and systems.
- Enable your participation in surveys, sweepstakes, contests, and promotions.
- Enable your participation in community forums.
Communicate with You:
- Respond to your inquiries.
- Personalize communications.
- Send you service-related announcements, such as to contact you about your account.
Make Improvements to Our Products and Services:
- Identify and develop new products and services.
- Improve the design of our Services.
- Understand how our Services are used, including by creating measurement and analytics reports.
Provide Recommendations and Deliver Relevant Advertising:
- Offer products, programs or services that may be of interest to you, and keep you informed of new happenings at RTM.
- Market our Services.
- Determine which content to you.
- Send you promotional communications for the Services and other products and services we think may be of interest to you.
- Deliver more relevant advertising.
Investigate Theft or Other Illegal Activities and Ensure a Secure Online Environment:
- Detect the unauthorized reception, use, or abuse of the Service.
- Protect you and other subscribers from fraudulent, abusive, unlawful use of, or subscription to, the Service.
- Protect our rights, our personnel, and our property.
- Comply with applicable law.
3. Disclosure of InformationPublicly:
If you choose to us, which will be public.Affiliates:
We may transfer information to you.Sale or Merger of Business
: We may transfer to another entity or its affiliates or service providers some or all information about you in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, acquisition, sale of assets or any line of business, change in ownership control, or financing transaction. We cannot promise that an acquiring party or the merged entity will have the same privacy practices or treat your information the same as described in this Policy.Service Providers
: We may disclose personal information to use the information only for the purposes for which they have been engaged. The following is a list of categories of our service providers.
- Subscription management and fulfillment providers.
- Billing and collection providers, such as payment processors and organizations that assist us in assessing your credit and payment status.
- Auditing and accounting firms.
- Professional services consultants, such as firms that assist with providing legal services, or supplying project-based resources and assistance.
- Advertising, marketing, and analytics services, including entities that analyze the information we collect from or about you to you.
- Security vendors, such as entities that assist with security incident verification and response, service notifications, and fraud prevention.
- IT vendors, such as entities that assist with website design, hosting, and maintenance, data and software storage, and network operation.
- Production vendors, such a pre-press printing service providers.
There are limited circumstances in which the service provider collects data directly from you when their privacy policies may also apply.Third Parties
: We may disclose personal information to third parties. The following is a list of categories of our third-party partners.
- Advertising, Marketing, and Analytics Partners: We partner with companies that assist us with marketing our Services, including by “remarketing” tomatically via cookies or other tracking technologies when you use our Services.
- Other External Parties: We may disclose personally identifiable information, including your contact information, to you.
: We will disclose information we maintain when required to a law enforcement agency’s request.
4. Third Party Websites
Our Services provide links to that of RTM. The inclusion of any link does not imply our endorsement of any other company, its websites, or its products and/or services. These linked websites or offerings have separate and independent privacy policies, which we recommend you read carefully. We have no control over such websites or offerings and therefore have no responsibility or liability for the manner in which the organizations that operate such linked websites or offerings may collect, use, disclose, or otherwise treat your personal information.
5. Your California Privacy Rights: Notice tomersCalifornia Shine the Light
: California’s “Shine the Light” law, Civil Code Section 1798.83, requires businesses that disclose personal information to our California Do Not Sell Page.California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”):
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) grants residents of California certain rights with respect to provide such individuals with certain information, as described in this Section.Your Rights
- Transparency. At the time we collect personal information, you have the right to receive notice of the categories of personal information we collect, and the purposes for which those categories of personal information will be used.
- Access/Right to our California Access/Deletion Page. If you are a print subscriber, you can also access and update much of the personal information we have collected about you through your account page.
- Deletion. You have the right to our California Access/Deletion Page.
- Opt-Out of Sale. You have the right to our California Do Not Sell Page.
- Categories of personal information we collect: We collect the categories of information described above in the “ Information We Collect” section for the purposes described in the “ How We Use Information” section.
- Categories of personal information we disclose: We may disclose any of the categories of personal information listed above and use them for the above-listed purposes or for other business or operational purposes compatible with the context in which the personal information was collected. Our disclosures of personal information include disclosures to conduct activities on our behalf. The categories of service providers with whom we share information and the services they provide are described above.
- Categories of personal information we “sell”: We may “sell” any of the categories of personal information listed above to our California Do Not Sell Page.
6. Special Information for Nevada Residents
Residents of the State of Nevada have the right to you.
7. Your Opt-Out ChoicesVerification Procedures
: We must verify your identity for everyone’s protection. To do so, we may require you to accessing any records containing personal information about you. We do this by:
- Asking you to provide personal identifiers we can match against information we may have collected from you previously and confirm your request using the email or telephone number stated in the request; or
- Having you submit your request through your account page (if you are a subscriber), which will automatically verify your identity and will result in faster processing of your request.
If you are a California resident, you may authorize another individual or a business registered with the California Secretary of State, called an authorized agent, to make the request.
We will use the information you provide for verification only for the purpose of verification. We may have a reason under the law why we do not have to you in our response.Your Account and Payment Information
: If you are a print subscriber, please visit the account page to update your contact information and payment method.
Marketing and Other Communications:
Opt-out of “sale”
- If you wish tom of our marketing emails.
- If you are a newsletter subscriber, you may unsubscribe using the unsubscribe options in the newsletter emails.
- If you wish to opt-out of sharing of your personal information, including contact information, with third parties for marketing purposes, please email us here.
- If you prefer not to receive traditional mail or other offline promotions from RTM, please email us here.
- Please note that even if you opt out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may continue to send you transactional communications about your subscription or orders.
: If you are a California resident, you have the right to opt out.
Cookie Management, Analytics, Personalized Advertising, and Do Not Track:
- You can control cookies using your web browser’s settings. If you delete your cookies or if you set your browser to decline cookies, some features of the Services may not be available, work, or work as designed.
- You can use our partners’ links above to opt-out of their tracking technologies.
- You can broadly opt out of participating companies’ website tracking technologies by visiting the websites for the Network Advertising Initiative, the Digital Advertising Alliance, and the European Interactive Digital Advertising Initiative.
- Similarly, you can learn about your options to opt out of mobile app tracking by some advertising networks through your device settings and by resetting the advertiser ID on your mobile device.
When you make an opt-out choice, it does not necessarily mean that you will stogether, but you will no longer receive personalized ads.
If you delete your cookies, you may also delete your opt-out preferences.
Your browser or device may include “Do Not Track” functionality. At this time, RTM does not respond to browser “Do Not Track” signals.
8. Security of Personal Information
We have put in place administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security and correctly use the information we collect. No system can be completely secure, however, and we do not guarantee that unauthorized disclosures and access will not happen.
9. Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your personal information while you have an account with us and thereafter for as long as we have a legitimate need to your identity.
10. Special Note for Parents
The site you are visiting is one of the RTM general audience sites and is not intended for use by children. If you are under the age of 16 please do not submit any personal information through this site.
12. How to Contact Us