(Woodland, CA) – To help vaccinate as many residents as possible, Yolo County is now expanding the eligibility of the vaccine clinics the week of February 1 to all residents 65 or older that live in Yolo County, regardless of medical insurance. The clinics will be held from February 3 – 6 and are located in Esparto, Knights Landing, Woodland and West Sacramento.
Yolo County is working diligently to ensure that all vaccine doses received from the State of California are administered in the most effective and efficient manner possible while still focusing on those who are at the highest risk of serious complications or death from COVID-19.
To be eligible for the vaccine clinics in the first week of February, you must be:
- 65 or older and
- A resident of Yolo County or
- A health care worker who works in Yolo County but has not yet been vaccinated
Residents that meet these requirements can sign up for one of the following vaccine clinics:
- February 3 from 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. at the Esparto Elementary School: http://bit.ly/Esparto75 (appointment optional but not needed)
- February 4 from 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. at the Knights Landing Branch Library: http://bit.ly/KnightsLanding75 (appointment optional but not needed)
- February 5 from 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. at the Woodland Memorial Hospital: http://bit.ly/Woodland75
- February 6 from 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. at the Sutter Health Field in West Sacramento: http://bit.ly/WestSac75
If residents cannot access or need assistance filling out a form or are homebound and need an in-home vaccine, please call 2-1-1 or toll free at (855) 866-1783 for staff assistance.
“We offered vaccine to 75 and older residents first, but many appointments remained unfilled, so we are broadening the target population for this week’s vaccination clinics,” said Yolo County’s Public Health Officer Dr. Aimee Sisson. “The County will continue its efforts to target and reach our oldest, most vulnerable residents while at the same time ensuring we use doses as quickly as we receive them.”
For more information about Yolo County’s COVID-19 vaccine and distribution process, visit https://www.yolocounty.org/coronavirus-vaccine. Residents can also call Yolo 2-1-1 for resource information. For additional updates follow Yolo County on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/YoloCounty/ or Twitter at: https://twitter.com/YoloCountyCA.